- To develop a strong, vibrant Handloom Sector to provide sustainable employment to Handloom weavers.
- To make the Handloom sector self sustainable for inclusive growth.
- Empowerment of the weavers through technological upgradation.
- Focused, flexible and holistic approach to meet the challenges of domestic and global market.
- Brand building in global and domestic markets.
- Easy access to raw material at reasonable prices.
- To ensure overall development of the Handloom, including welfare of handloom weavers.
- To provide new upgraded looms and accessories to handloom weavers.
- To provide subsidized yarn in the clusters areas.
- Market orientation by associating entrepreneurs, designers, and professionals for marketing, designing and managing the production.
- To facilitate process of credit from financial institutions/banks.
- To develop the handloom clusters and empower the weavers with a provision of new looms, CFC, Yarn Depot, buyer–seller meet.
- To set up Yarn Depots to provide easy access to quality yarns at subsidized rates to be set up in the HL clusters.
- To provide credit facility at low interest rates for production and marketing activities.
- Developing capacity for developing fashion and market directed design and products.
- Developing market for Handloom products by creating strong brand and involving private sector in marketing and export.