ASSOCIATION OF CORPORATIONS APEX SOCIETIES OF HANDLOOMS (ACASH)
Being by far the largest decentralized sector in terms of employment after agriculture, with and an estimated 34.86 lakh looms and a source of livelihood to over 12 million persons belonging to the weavers households, Handloom is one of the most vibrant sectors of our economy. The well being of this sector and its growth is, therefore, of paramount importance. What is necessary is a sustained effort in marketing of handloom fabrics, with value additions wherever possible, both within the country and abroad. Demands from Governmental agencies is vast and varied and can sustain a large number of looms on continuous production in different states. It was not possible for the handloom agencies spread out in the different states individually to take up the challenge of organizing production and supplies to the various Governmental agencies. The Government of India therefore, decided to strengthen the handloom organisastions at the central level by forming an Apex body called the Association of Corporations and Apex Societies of Handlooms (ACASH) under the Chairmanship of the Development Commissioner for Handlooms.
2. ACASH was thus set up as a registered society in June, 1984 under the Registration of Societies Act. The objectives of ACASH are:-
·To provide a common platform to various handloom development corporations and apex weavers cooperative societies in the country to take up joint ventures and consider issues common to them;
·To coordinate between the various departmental agencies and to provide information and assistance for the members;
·To disseminate useful knowledge to the member agencies for marketing of handloom products;
· To undertake activities including market surveys, research, exhibitions, publicity and publications to promote the handloom sector in India and abroad;
·To work for legislative and other safeguards for protection of the handloom industry;
·To help establish linkages with national and international organisations for marketing of handloom products.
3. ACASH is a nodal agency to arrange supply of Handloom products to the Ministries/Deptts./Agencies of Govt. of India Under Single Tender System (STS) through its members. Details of STS are appended.
SUPPLY OF HANDLOOM FABRICS TO MINISTRIES/DEPARTMENTS/AGENCIES OF GOVERNMENT OF INDIA ON SINGLE TENDER BASIS THROUGH ASSOCIATION OF CORPORATIONS AND APEX SOCIETIES OF HANDLOOMS (ACASH)
PROVISIONS UNDER SINGLE TENDER SYSTEM (STS)
1. Purchase of handloom goods for use by Central Govt. Ministries/Departments/ Agencies will be limited only to the handloom units notified by the Development Commissioner for Handlooms, Government of India, Ministry of Textiles. Purchase of handloom goods by Central Govt. Ministries/Departments /Agencies from private sources is not permitted.
2. The Association of Corporations and Apex Societies of Handlooms (ACASH), Handloom Pavilion, Gate No.1, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi 110 001 will act as the nodal agency for the supply of handloom goods to be purchased by Central Government Departments /Agencies, whether directly or through the Directorate General of Supplies and Disposals, on Single Tender System basis. The Directorate General of Supplies and Disposals (DGS&D)/Department of Supply and other purchasing Departments/ Agencies of Central Government shall place indents regarding their requirement of handloom items with ACASH. Indenting procedures for these purchases through Single Tender System will be communicated separately.
3. All Handloom Textile items being purchased /to be purchased by Central Government Ministries/Departments/Agencies shall be indented/procured only on handloom specifications fixed by Bureau of Indian Standards. A copy of specifications is enclosed in Annexure.
4. The provisional prices of handloom items to be supplied by ACASH on Single Tender System shall be calculated by ACASH and fixed by the Ministry of Textiles by associating a representative of the Chief Cost Accounts Officer, Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance. However, if the indenting Ministries/Organisations and ACASH are so agreed, firm and final prices can be quoted by ACASH.
5. Textile items at present specified for procurement from the Khadi Sector, to the extent to their availability with the Khadi Village Industries Commission shall continue to be procured from KVIC. Barrack Blankets shall be procured through ACASH to the extent they can be supplied by the notified units. Balance quantities of this item may be procured from agencies other than ACASH provided they are produced on handlooms only.
6. Though the existing procedure of inspection shall continue, DGSD etc., may avail the services of experts to be nominated by Development Commissioner for Handlooms for assisting the inspection teams in the inspection of handloom goods.
7. A Committee comprising representatives of Ministries of Defence, Supply, Industry and Finance with Development Commissioner for Handlooms as the Convenor shall be set up for periodical review of the progress of this scheme and for resolving difficulties that may arise in its implementation.
LIST OF ITEMS NOTIFIED FOR PURCHASES FROM HANDLOOM SECTOR
Blankets, grey or coloured746-1955
Bleeding Madras, loom state1937-1961
Bukram cloth 1102-1968
Bunting cloth, dyed747-1982
Calico, bleached or dyed1241-1958
Cellular Shirting, handloom cotton1101-1981
Cloth for plaster of paris bandages and cut bandages6237-1971
Coating, handloom cotton1243-1981
Colour fastness of handloom cotton textiles, requirements6906-1982
Dosuti Grey, Scoured, bleached or dyed756-1984
Dress material, bleached dyed printed
Striped or checked1095-1991
Floor durries 1450-1972
Holland cloth, unscoured1096-1957
Honeycomb towels and towelling cloth854-1991
Jaconet cloth, grey, dressed861-1982
Light Sheeting, grey 864-1956
Lining cloth, dyed1099-1957
Lint, absorbent, bleached757-1971
Long cloth, bleached or dyed1244-1958
Madras handkerchiefs, Handloom cotton1093-1981
cloth (loom state) 751-1984
Mootus, striped or checked1814-1961
Nainsook, bleached, or dyed1240-1958
Napkins, bleached,striped, checked or dyed857-1956
Poplin, bleached or dyed1556-1960
Pugri cloth, bleached or dyed 753-1983
Pyjama cloth, grey, with stripes1245-1958
School Uniform fabric8797-1978
Sponge cloth, grey, striped and checked860-1956
Table cloth and napkins, handloom cotton858-1981
Ticking cloth, grey, striped862-1956
Turkish towels and towelling cloth, handloom cotton854-1981
SILK - HANDLOOM
BushShirt cloth, Loom state1686-1960
Dhotis, Loom state1583-1960
Kora (loom state)cloth1687-1960
Shirting, loom state1584-1960
WOOL - HANDLOOMS
Blanketing cloth 895-1991
Blankets, natural grey, brown892-1980
Blankets, ordinary, plain or check893-1957
Blankets, shoddy (double faced)2157-1962
Blankets, shoddy (single faced)2481-1963
Blankets, brick red894-1980
Bunting cloth, worsted, heavy899-1957
Bunting cloth, worsted, light890-1957
Cloth, collar, white2715-1964
Melton (shoddy) cloth2173-1962
Pile Fabrics 2714-1964
The following items shall be procured on the basis of samples approved by Purchase/mutually agreed specification.
8. Lowreed pick cloth
10.Shawls, Mufflers, Pankhies